Okay so I know this blog is primarily about gender and development, but some things are just too good to keep to yourself.
I found this recipe for Mock Duck à L’Orange which I’m rather excited about. It serves two people and takes less than 30 minutes to prepare – perfect!
You will need:
For the orange sauce:
– Juice of 2 oranges and the zest of 1
– 100ml/4fl oz vegetable stock
– ½ tsp arrowroot, dissolved in a little cold orange juice
For the duck:
– 1 tin of mock duck or seitan
– 1 tsp olive oil
– salt and black pepper
Plus whatever side vegetables you like.
– Heat the orange juice, zest and stock in a frying pan.
– Add the arrowroot and stir in well.
– Bring to the boil and simmer until the sauce is reduced by half.
– Drain the liquid from the mock duck/seitan. I find that placing it onto a clean tea towel or some kitchen roll and squeezing the moisture out with a spatula to get rid of as much moisture as possible is the best way.
– Season to taste and fry the ‘meat’ in some olive oil until both sides are brown.